Latest VR News
Home » Rift » Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs Hold Dominant Position in VR Systems

Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs Hold Dominant Position in VR Systems

Creators of the Oculus Rift VR headset, Oculus, have simply launched their first hardware survey which exhibits all the units which might be operating their Oculus software program. The knowledge which was gathered over a span of 28 days up until 18th March 2018 exhibits that Intel and NVIDIA hardware stays in a really dominant place inside VR based mostly methods.

Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs Hold Dominant Position in VR Systems – Latest Oculus Hardware Survey Reveals Interesting Data

While VR has extra use instances than simply gaming, this text will solely concentrate on the PC gaming phase. Among the PC gaming audiences, there are two well-liked decisions in case you are into VR Gaming, the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive. According to the newest Steam Hardware Survey, each Virtual Reality platforms are neck-to-neck in phrases of general share.

Oculus’s Rift has a share of 47.31% whereas the HTC Vive has a share of 45.38%. There’s additionally Windows Mixed Reality which has only recently began to account for five.36% of the share and some older Rift improvement kits that have been shipped previous to the buyer Rift launch. Based on this knowledge, we will inform that Oculus Rift has a serious demand the PC gaming area, similar could be stated for HTC Vive. This is the place we consider the info shared by Oculus themselves.

Released by Oculus, the newest Hardware Report for Rift is to assist builders optimize, prioritize and present a suggestion for enterprise and improvement selections. The knowledge accounts all hardware that was operating the Oculus software program during the last 28 days and knowledge exhibits that Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs are extremely widespread amongst the VR plenty. We can’t say for positive if the identical knowledge holds true for HTC Vive however half of the VR Gaming share that Oculus Rift accounts for is utilizing Intel and NVIDIA configured PCs.

Talking concerning the CPU and GPU distributions themselves, of all of the PCs operating Oculus software program, 89.1% are Intel CPU based mostly and the remaining 10.9% are AMD CPU based mostly. What’s fascinating is the truth that Intel’s flagship shopper chip, the Core i7-8700K  already maintains a 2.7% share, despite the fact that it launched months after AMD’s prime Ryzen chips that are nowhere to be seen in the highest 15 CPU listing.

Coming to the GPU aspect, right here we see NVIDIA GPUs claiming probably the most share with 92.2% whereas AMD GPUs can solely be discovered in 7.eight% of Oculus based mostly methods. Once once more, we see the newest NVIDIA GeForce 10 collection merchandise claiming the highest spot. Even the GTX 1080 Ti is extra common than AMD’s mainstream merchandise corresponding to RX 480 and RX 580. The AMD flagships reminiscent of RX Vega is not any the place to be seen right here though we will blame miners who had wolfed up complete inventory of these playing cards as quickly as they hit market. Overall, that is very fascinating knowledge and we want to see if Intel and NVIDIA can stay in such dominant positions in the approaching surveys towards elevated competitors from AMD with Vega products getting into mobility type elements and a new Ryzen family launch on the verge.



Submit


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*

x

Check Also

Heal VR offers Guided Meditation in Chakra VR on the Go |

GARD Pro Not Registered Meditation utilizing Virtual Reality can take a couple of paths, now ...